Thursday, February 02, 2006

Selah

So another man talked to me about how absurd it is for one man to have a church of 35,000 people. We both shook our heads in disbelief and wonder... Are they in it for the money? Is it really a church? I doubt because of size, really. Hype doesn't impress me. Counting heads strikes me as an impressive gesture that I rationalize, doesn't always indicate genuine new life.

Aren't I so smart?

Then, silently we thought (together, eerily as the Holy Spirit would bring our minds into the knowledge of His ways) and said out loud:"Think of Jesus' church!"

35,000 quickly diminishes in size when I think of 2,000 years passed by...when I think of the millions turning to Him all around Asia today...when I think that God's ways are higher than mine and that He sees all I don't. Smiling, we looked at each other. Gaps closed in solidarity of mind. How many people are in the Church? How many people does Jesus lead?

We are One. "There is one Baptism, one Faith..."
Selah, Heidi...
I'm not so smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home