tagged
What were you doing 10 years ago?
That leaves me in the Dark ages of my life - adolescence. I was 15 then, and well, its January - freshman year of high school, playing basketball which was by far the worst season our school had to date. That year I was in the throes of my first love, with Marcus, whom my father hated intensely from stupid rumors. At this point I was applying to go abroad on exchange, praying every night that I wasn't making the wrong decision but hoping for some way out of Oklahoma.
What were you doing 1 year ago? Just returned from New Zealand three weeks ago and was working at the Chicago Street Deli, helping Jenn with catering and hoping that K.M. didn't come in and forget me as he did every week - funnily enough - he was the reason why I went to New Zealand 10 years ago. Being highly intellectual at 15 and easily swayed by love and attention I asked K.M., "If you could go on exchange anywhere, where would you go?" To which he suavely replied as he brushed back his golden locks, "Definitely Costa Rica or New Zealand..." and there I went - to the one place my high school would allow me to go without repeating a year, New Zealand. He has no clue..
Five snacks you enjoy: 1) Roasted sweet potatoes with chili, cumin, and smoked paprika ("beautiful..." as Courtney would say), 2) Milo - no sugar, 3) Brown Cow yoghurt (see vices below), 4) Cereal (any kind, though lately Frosted Mini Wheats are getting a lot of love), and 5) Popcorn - any kind will do though not soaking with butter, caramel yes, butter, no.
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics: Oh, dear...you're talking to the queen of ad libbing. 1) Amazing Grace 2) Emaline by Ben Folds 3) Uptown Girl by Billy Joel 4) Jesus loves me and 5) If I could turn back time by Cher (this song was on my first tape - how could one forget?)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire: It's highly unlikely, but if my mother gets the winning ticket and so graciously shares, of which I'm suspect, I would agree with Amy and pay off my debt, then begin to look around and survey the scene. Say I'm old and gray and all my friends have sorted themselves out - then I'll look to support my friends out on the mission field, adopt a child or ten from Africa, Asia, and Guatemala; then I would invest some (my parents are financial planners, how could I not?) so that in 10 years time, when I'm a poor penniless sitar player then I can have some rent money; and finally, I'd give it away - through anonymous gifts so that no one could profusively thank me but that God could get the credit.
Five bad habits: 1) Not starting or finishing my to do lists, creative projects, newest fads 2) Buying Brown Cow yoghurt cream on the top, baby, oh yeah 3) Nisha's got me hooked on drinking coffee (instant is the only way to go) Indian style - with Vitamin D milk heated, then adding the sugar and coffee. Wow. 4) Harassing my sister relentlessly about her boyfriend 5) Buying fabric that accumulates in my closet - projects that just haven't quite made it to the drawing table yet.
Five things you like doing: 1) Being outside: hiking, biking, walking, jogging, sitting in Andrew's Park, or any other park for that matter 2) Singing - preferably with someone playing the guitar, but harping in with the radio is fine too 3) Cooking for friends or simply for pleasure 4) Traveling. Meeting people from other cultures and being allowed "in" as one of their own. 5) Yarping with friends.
Five things you would never wear again: It's all in goodwill on the racks so out of sight out of mind. However, since I'm thinking of things I would never wear, which doesn't necessarily mean those things I own now - tapered jeans is high on the list, followed by thick baggy sweaters that only look, thick. Leg warmers, though I hear they're coming "back in"...who would've thought? I'm thinking colors - in a previous life I lived in the land of "earth tones" - grey, maroon, brown, khaki and black. No more. Bring on the life and color! Finally, animal ear rings. :)
Five favorite toys: Okay, we'll be lucky to hit five. #1 Mom's hamster dressed in a chicken suit that plays the chicken dance. #2 The talking puppets I just bought Alison's adoreable children, Issac and Sam. #3 the sparkling ball Chris bought for Ralphy. Great throwing toy for all of .99 cents. You can find it at your nearest Superpower Supercenter, Walmart. #4 Can't beat a power drill, toys for big kids and #5 My bike. Does that count?


1 Comments:
A toy is in the eye of the beholder, sweet thing. I love your lists.
Post a Comment
<< Home