Losing of the voice
There's got to be a first for everything. Okay, for most things. There's no need to pretend to be some kind of rebel who ticks every experience off for show, desire, or whatever else motivates you... So, today was the first of my Pumpkin fests here in Sycamore, IL. What a trip. Someone said while I walked red-faced, hoarse, and surprisingly tired, back to the corner where Gram and Joe awaited me, "Yeah, this is the second biggest parade in Illinois..." To be fair I can't remember if she really said it was the biggest or second-biggest, but I'm guessing the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years Day parades in Chicago would have us whooped.
Gram had the quote of the week. When I asked her what kinda people usually enter into this parade she said, "Oh you know the little Egyptian men who ride around on motorcycles." "The Shriners?" I ask. "Yeah, them..."
One redeeming thing out of it all is that Joe now aspires to be a librarian like myself - or really he just wants to take the bookcart and recklessly whoosh through Gram's basement, hopefully not doing a repeat of moi, since I took Shelley's hip out on one of our blitz moves. Smooth... We had book carts disguised as TV sets to scurry around the streets as armchair quarterbacks. It's was a trip. I think our bosses will singlehandedly attempt (if not do, then at least attempt) to squelch the traditional librarian stereotype of pulled buns, pointy glasses and the ever-present "shhhhh". We jogged down Main St. executing football plays with the carts, a nerf football, dressed as the Bears, Huskies, and Spartans. It was fun, despite the humiliation and nervousness, the losing of the voice, and as I told Amy, sealing the singleness deal. :) Yeah, I told her that 's what keeps me single. Oh well, we won 2nd place. How bout that?
Gram had the quote of the week. When I asked her what kinda people usually enter into this parade she said, "Oh you know the little Egyptian men who ride around on motorcycles." "The Shriners?" I ask. "Yeah, them..."
One redeeming thing out of it all is that Joe now aspires to be a librarian like myself - or really he just wants to take the bookcart and recklessly whoosh through Gram's basement, hopefully not doing a repeat of moi, since I took Shelley's hip out on one of our blitz moves. Smooth... We had book carts disguised as TV sets to scurry around the streets as armchair quarterbacks. It's was a trip. I think our bosses will singlehandedly attempt (if not do, then at least attempt) to squelch the traditional librarian stereotype of pulled buns, pointy glasses and the ever-present "shhhhh". We jogged down Main St. executing football plays with the carts, a nerf football, dressed as the Bears, Huskies, and Spartans. It was fun, despite the humiliation and nervousness, the losing of the voice, and as I told Amy, sealing the singleness deal. :) Yeah, I told her that 's what keeps me single. Oh well, we won 2nd place. How bout that?


1 Comments:
It took infinitely more guts than sitting on the sidelines and watching. I was both proud and envious. You did so well! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home