Sunday, January 30, 2005

regrets

regrets

Naomi used to say, "Oh to be a fly on the wall!"
and I'd agree, thinking
that what we'd discover would be worthwhile,
like ten dollars
found in the back pocket
when you've left your wallet at home
except more - much much more.

How naive.

Now I pity that fly.

Shame on you, shame on me
Lord, He took all that shame set man free
And I got that fire on the mountain
Fire in my soul
Been a long time coming, long time, now I'm ready to go
And I'm stepping out that door, doing what feels right
Following my Lord through the darkest nightsA
nd when the path gets narrow - I follow Him
And when the world comes down around, I'll be with Him
I'll be with Him
He said: Sing it on the mountains! Or in the valley low
He's My God and He never lets me go
He said: Sing it on the Mountain, fight in the valley low
Every man God sees and everyone will know
That peace runs deep, deep in Him
I said: Peace runs deep, deep in Him
You know, peace runs deep deep in Him
You know, peace runs deep, deep in Him
Shame on you, shame on me
Lord He took all that shame and set man free
And I got that fire on the mountain
Oh, fire in my soul
Been a long time coming, long time, now I'm ready to go
I'm stepping out the door, following my Lord
Through the darkest night and when the path gets narrow - I follow Him
And when the world comes down around, I'll be with Him
~ Train Song, Josh Garrels www.joshgarrels.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home